Steps to Become a Certified Birth Practices Labor Doula
To become a Certified Birth Practices Labor Doula (CBPLD) the following steps must be completed within the first year following the training:
1. Attend the in person or online Birth Practices Labor Doula Training.
2. Complete the required reading from the reading list.
3. Provide Birth Support to two clients (with a minimum of five hours with the client per birth).
4. Write and submit the birth story for each birth.
5. Complete the open book exam (must receive a grade of 80 or higher for passing).
6. Read and agree to the Birth Practices Code of Ethics.
7. Read and agree to the Birth Practices Standards of Practice.
If requirements have not been met after one year, consideration for an extension may be applied at the discretion of the owner.
Hi, Let me know how I can help
and I'll respond shortly.
Upcoming In-Person Training Workshops in Surprise, AZ
Mark your calendars for the upcoming training sessions, which will take place on May 12-14, 2023. The first session on May 12th will be from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM, and the sessions on Saturday and Sunday will start at 8:00 AM and end at 4:30 PM.
The training costs $800 if you register on or before May 2nd. However, the cost goes up to $850 if the payment is made after that date. Please note that space is limited, so I encourage you to sign up early to secure your spot. If you're ready to register, please give me a call at (602) 615-6324. I am looking forward to hearing from you!